Friday, November 29, 2013

Welcome to the Neighborhood!

In my last post, I shared with you the adorable birdhouse pendants that I purchased from Heather Alexander's soon-to-close Etsy shop, Art by Heather.  I have made a few more birdhouses myself to add to the neighborhood!
Heather sells kits for making the pendants, including the wooden pieces, collage ephemera, screw eyes, and directions.
I used some of my own postage stamps, and inked rubber stamped images to some of the bare wooden surfaces using black Staz On ink.  I stamped the underside of the roof and the bottom of house itself, as well.
Heather's directions call for drilling a little circle for the door to the birdhouse, but I tend to stay away from power tools, so I simple created black Sharpie circles for my doors.
I ordered some ball chains from her other Etsy shop, Art By Heather Supplies, so I will have three new completed necklaces.  My daughter Katy calls the owl image above "Hedwig" from Harry Potter, and wants it for herself!

I've already let my husband know that I'll be looking to him to cut some more wood pieces so I can make some more of these adorable birdhouses.

Be sure to swing by Heather's two Etsy shops for some deep discounts on beautiful art and awesome supplies!

7 comments:

Carin Winkelman said...

Very cute. I can imagine making a garland from these and hang it across a window.

Anne said...

What a good job you did! Couldn't even begin to pick a favorite.

VivJM said...

These are super cute Andria! I'm with you on the power tools thing ;-)

scrapwordsmom said...

Ok...I ADORE these and want one!!! Soooo darling!!!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Yours turned out great!
Rinda

samellison said...

SnapTube Video Downloader, aircus.com video clips might be conserved and downloaded Know More from all the prominent sites like YouTube, Instantly Download Snaptube on Android APK & iPhone Dailymotion, Facebook etc. that too in really high speed. Snaptube App Because the SnapTube APK is an Snaptube Android app so.

shermanharrison said...

the mobdro apk for your android bricksite.com/ smartphone by following the below given Know More actions In this quick growing world, Download Mobdro Android for PC, Computer, Android & iOS All of us prefer to see TELEVISION shows, alternatives Mobdro Movies and video clips. Mobdro offers you all Mobdro App that you wish to view online.