My five-year-old Bayla has a developing understanding of the world of blogging...enough to create a project, and then request that I put it "on blog" so other people can learn how to make it, too! When she made a special craft yesterday with supplies from my dear friend Mindy, I agreed to share her latest creation, complete with materials and steps.
In order to make your very own Butterfly Present, you will need the following:
+ A big pink pom pom
+ A small piece of chenille stem
+ Two golden brads
+ Two brown foam triangles
+ Two Q-tips
+ An egg carton
+ A ribbon
1. Glue the piece of chenille stem to the pom pom for a mouth. (Use the photo above as a guide.)
2. Tuck in the golden brads to the pom pom for eyes.
3. Glue the brown foam triangles to the pom pom for wings.
4. Glue the Q-tips to the pom pom for antennae.
6. Put the butterfly in the egg carton and close it up.
7. Tie the ribbon around the egg carton and make a bow.
Bayla made this present for her daddy, and Katy followed her directions to make a Pom Pom Butterfly, too. The girls hope you will try this craft with your favorite kid soon!
I know the girls would love to hear from you in the comments...what do you think of Bayla's first craft tutorial?