As I mentioned in a previous post, I am taking part in my first art swap ever, making ten postcards to send around the world, and awaiting the arrival of ten postcards in return. This is all thanks to iHanna's inspiration and organization!
As I have worked on my postcards, I have documented the process in photos, which I will share in two separate posts.
Usually when I make something, I’ll do one thing, start to finish, then make something else that looks completely different, start to finish. This was really the first time that I got ten items going at the same time, with roughly the same look, and the same process. It was quite refreshing to feel so efficient!
First, I gathered background papers that I had created with acrylic paints, and cut them into ten pieces that were each 4”x6”.
Then, I cut and tore pieces from my same stash of colored background papers, along with pages from a book written in French, to make borders around my postcards.
Next, I went through my files of pictures from books, magazines, and catalogues, and added images around the borders of the postcards. This, to me, was the “funnest” part of the process.
Tomorrow, I’ll show you what I did with the inner space of the postcards, as well as the backsides!