Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Well, I am finding the blog a little tempermental this morning, so ignore the half-written post below. I can't figure out how to erase it! What I was trying to say was...

Here are some of my favorite thoughts on love, in honor of Valentine's Day and Thoughtful Thursday:

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God…No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us…We love because he first loved us.
-I John 4:7, 12, 19
Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other
but in looking outward in the same direction.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength,
while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
-Lao Tzu

Michael and I are going out to dinner tonight for the first time without Katy; she is going to stay with her Marmar. We will be going to the same restaurant we went to last year, which happens to be across the street from my mother-in-law's development. So if Katy gets too fussy (as she has been the last three evenings) it won't be too much trouble for us to run back over. But hopefully that won't be necessary, and we'll get a whole, romantic meal together.

The Katy Report: Katy has been learning about hugging over the past week or so. When we hold her upright in our arms, she stretches her arms out around us, which is about the sweetest thing ever! And her favorite toy is a little stuffed dog that barks when I squeeze a little box in his tummy. Her face lights up when she sees him every morning and I have him bark "hello" to her. At first she would just look at him, but now she reaches her arms around him in a hug, and manages to hold onto a paw or ear for awhile before her excitement causes her to fling him to the floor!

Again, ignore the half-post below and bear with me as I continue to figure out this "blogging thing."

No comments: