Friday, November 8, 2013

Patchwork Paper Postcards

I am not usually a fan of "cutesie"-style illustrations, but I picked up a little book from a recent book sale entitled Who Finds a Friend Has Found a Treasure (and other proverbs) published by Laurel Library.  I savaged the book for collage fodder before taking note of the author or illustrator. 
In this case, I was drawn to the "cute" little children offering each other tokens of friendship, with platitudes to match.  I created stitched patchwork background, and added the illustrations to create these patchwork paper postcards.
I enjoyed going into my paper stash to find colors and patterns that matched the spirit of the illustration and looked fun together.
And, of course, I always love an opportunity to "go to town" with my sewing machine!
Looks like I have some postcards to address and get out into the mail!

9 comments:

Jewels said...

Andria - these are very sweet all the same LOL...would you be interested in doing a mail swap with moi? If you are let me know and we can go "offline" with details...J

Carin Winkelman said...

They are indeed cutesie and I love them!

Parabolic Muse said...

Those fabrics and stitches are so yummy. I'm getting more into pastels recently.

Joyfulploys said...

Hi Andria...I love these little illustrations...can't get too cute for me! You have some great postcards to send out! BTW, did you get your journal back?
Mary

Sue said...

I would enjoy seeing these from a distance. Guess I want to know what size they are and get the whole of them in a picture. I should use my sewing machine more often in my card making. You helped remind me of this. Thank you for sharing.

Anne said...

I REALLY like these! Maybe I should try some with the illustrations from a Dick and Jane book I have. Such a good idea!

uncustomary said...

These stitches look so fabulous, Andria!

Terrie said...

These are totally amazing! Charming and lighthearted, your quilted backgrounds are the perfect thing! Beautiful mail out to go out into the world.

Patty Antle said...

I can just feel the creativity flowing reading your words...just lovely.