Sunday, November 27, 2011

Doing My Part

I had never heard the term "Black Friday" until I moved to Philadelphia in my early 20s.  Silly me, I thought it was some sort of local phenomenom!

One year I went out to the King of Prussia Mall (which happens to be the size of a small city, with parking to match), drove around for 40 minutes without finding any spot for my car, and just headed back home.  Black Friday shopping is not for the faint-hearted up here, and now I guess that is the case for most of the rest of the country.

This past weekend, I was in Atlanta celebrating Thanksgiving with my sister.  We left the kids with our (disgruntled) husbands to catch a quick meal at Mambo Italiano and stop in to a few stores to sample the Black Friday excitement.  The Forum shopping center in Norcross was positively civilized!

I was happy to do my part to support the economy when my sister took me to a store called Silver Linings (not to be confused with the plus-size bridal shop or the local classic rock dance band in Atlanta).  The first sight that greeted me was a table of Kelly Rae Roberts licensed items--mugs, notebooks, canvases, figurines.

I am now the happy owner of a new mug:
The mug was sitting by several attractive boxes in the same style.  Because the boxes had price tags, I assumed that they were a separate item available to buy.  It turns out, the mug was packaged in one of the lovely boxes for me to take home!
Image of the top of the box
I also purchased a new notebook:
Cover
Inside the cover
I need a new notebook like I need a hole in my head, but I simply cannot resist a beautiful blank book!
Don't I look ready to write the Great American Novel with my
Kelly Rae Roberts mug of Orange and Spice tea?
In my defense, I also found gifts for my mother and my sister at the store!

Just thought I would share my recent contribution to our nation's economy.  Did you find anything fun to buy on Black Friday?

5 comments:

VivJM said...

Ooh, great finds. Who can resist a new notebook?!

Carin Winkelman said...

Ooh, that mug is just gorgeous! Lucky you!

Parabolic Muse said...

Oh, we don't go to Black Friday sales any more. It's just too crazy for me. However, I DO like to go to the mall the weekend before Christmas, after I've taken care of all the things I have to do, and just walk amid the bustle, the decorations, the music and all the special exhibits that are out for the holiday. It helps so much when you don't have to buy anything!

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Love the mug! :]

Susan said...

I really like your approach of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website record and shall be checking back soon. Eminem, also known as Marshall Mathers, is one of the most commercially successful rappers of all time, with more than 100 million albums sold worldwide. He is one of the richest rappers in the world, with an estimated net worth of $210 million. Visit Eminem net worth for more information.