Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Stack-alicious!

Seth, at The Altered Page, is celebrating his love of stacks today, and I can't resist the invitation to join in!

I am going to join some of my favorite "bloggy friends," including LaWendula, Quinn Creative, April Cole, and Parabolic Muse, and embrace my love of stacks proudly by sharing some of the stacks around my work space.

Stacks have always been my organizing approach of choice.  When I was teaching, I had piles of files, and now that I'm home with the girls and art-making, it really isn't much different.

Here are some favorite stacks around my art space right now:
I have a hard time keeping up with all of my magazines, and I have several from many months past still in my "read me" pile.  You will see all manner of Stampington and Company publications, as well as Cloth Paper Scissors, Self, Country Living, Parents, Whole Living, Woman's Day, and even a Buddhist magazine called Tricycle I picked up at Borders' going-out-of-business sale.
Just in case my magazines don't give me enough reading material, I have stacks of books next to my work table to offer me inspiration, and, frankly, procrastination.  Whenever I manage to find enough space to store them upright, I go on another book-buying binge and end up with more stacked on their sides.  I'm pretty sure the book case is a tower of disaster-waiting-to-happen, and I should really re-think the fact that my kids' books are on the bottom two shelves, next to their bin of musical instruments.  One false move, and that would be quite an avalanche!
Here's a paper stack for you:  It's a file folder that is beyond-filled, mainly with pages and images I've cut out from catalogs and magazines to use on art journal pages and for other projects.

Here are some more stacks of favorite artful supplies:
Above is a stack from my file labeled "postcards," spread around for show on the sofa cushions.
And here, similarly, are items in my "stamps" file, spread out for a little eye candy.
This file is helpfully named "ephemera", and has all manner of bits of paper for use with art journals, mail art, collages, and anything else I might choose to work on.

Here's a little peek at some of its contents:
Be sure to check out Seth's page for a list of Paper Stack Project participants, and if you love stacks like we do, then join in the fun!

32 comments:

Seth said...

The ingredients of all your stacks together make up all the things that I love in terms of art. Great selection!

donna joy said...

love the stacks-all ripe for creating at any moment! thanks for sharing~

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Love those stamp stacks!

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Oh my... love your "stack" of vintage stamps!
Great collection, thank you for sharing :]

H.D. Campbell said...

nice assortment of stacks i could look all day at this :)

Carin Winkelman said...

Those are some yummy stacks! I would love to sit down with that stack of magazines and a big pot of tea. Sigh.

VivJM said...

Great stacks! I have a bit of a thing for looking at stacks of people's books especially :-)

scrapwordsmom said...

I think I'm in love. You see I am a stacker for sure and have been feeling so guilty...I just feel overwhelmed that I'm not a filer...but you have made me see I can be both!!! LOVE your stacks of goodies...such inspiration here.

My magazines and books look just like yours!

I am off to check this other blog out.

Have a great week!

Robin said...

Wow..love your books mags and papers...I sure would have a ball hanging out over there....and the stamps too..what a great idea for a stack..!

Dianne said...

I can really identify with your stacks of books and magazines...love those stamps too! wonderful post..

laurie said...

your stacks hold a wealth of possibility!

jgr said...

Lovely stacks of loot! Thanks for showing us, you've inspired me to dive into my art journal for a little cut-and-paste.

Svetlana said...

Your stacks are inviting to be explore.
Thanks for the comment on my blog.

Julie Prichard said...

I would love to sort though all those piles..lovely!

Janet said...

You have so many fun stacks of books and magazines. I want to come over and browse through them!!

Jill Zaheer said...

Wonderful pics of those books, journals, stamps, and papers. Great piles of creative and inspirational materials for your artwork! Just super!

~*~Patty S said...

Stacks and stacks of wonderful goodness! Love them all!
oxo

Unknown said...

love your collection of papers

fairyrocks said...

Lovley stacks, I am especially interested in the 'Ephemera' package makes me want to leaf through each piece. Thanks for sharing

Parabolic Muse said...

Oh, my, we both have stamps!! And we have books, but I didn't show my book stacks, which are in five different places and I was lazy a**! And that file folder. Come ON!!

I finally finished what I was making for you, so watch out.

Indira said...

Great collection; the stamps and postcards are mouthwatering.

Anonymous said...

Love your book stacks! The stamps are great too!
Olivia

Nikki Lee Anne Ghilain said...

Gorgeous .......we have a shared love of all things paper.

Martha Marshall said...

Oh wow, I love yours, Especially the stamps! You've also inspired me to organize my paper stash into more coherent categories. Right now they're all over the place and driving me nuts. Thanks for stopping by my blog as well!

Martha Marshall said...

Oh wow, I love yours, Especially the stamps! You've also inspired me to organize my paper stash into more coherent categories. Right now they're all over the place and driving me nuts. Thanks for stopping by my blog as well!

amanda said...

Oh so familiar with the magazine stack. I'm growing several of my own.

Lori Wostl said...

Doubt if I ever get caught up LOL - thanks for commenting at my Art Camp for Women blog. Love your reading stacks! I have been noticing my stacks since this started and if the stacks are art papers and journals, they are magazines and books...sigh.I quickly clamped my eyes shut when I saw your stamps...delicious. Lori W at Art Camp for Women

Anonymous said...

Wonderful stacks! Very cool indeed!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Gotta love the stack of ephemera. I could rifle through that all day. It, along with the books and journals are a sight to behold.

Raylee said...

slowly catching up with all the "stacks".....i didn't realize there are so many people collecting paper in some form or another. i am a magazine stacker too!

Anonymous said...

kevin durant
palm angels
off white x jordan 1
palm angels outlet
retro jordans
bape
goyard online store
curry 9
bape hoodie
kyrie 6

Anonymous said...

yeezy
kobe shoes
supreme clothing
kd shoes
giannis shoes
off white outlet
golden goose outlet
kevin durant shoes
yeezy 350
supreme hoodie