Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Creative Bug

I am happy to report that the creative bug has bitten! When I had Katy, and then again with Bayla, my creative bug went into a kind of hibernation for the first three months of the babies’ lives. It’s a good thing, too, since I wouldn’t have had the energy or time to respond. But somewhere between months three and four, when things start to think about settling into a routine, I get the urge to pull out the paper, powders, and stamps, and explore some creativity again.

Yesterday the girls took some unusually long naps in the afternoon, and I took advantage of the time to make a couple of thank-you cards.



Katy, Bayla, and I have been reading a lot of Bill Martin, Jr/Eric Carle books, including Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? and Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See? Carle’s boldly collaged animals inspired me to use stencils and papers to create the flowers for my cards. I tried something with butterflies yesterday evening, but it didn’t work out at all. I think my creative bug was telling me, “Whoa! Slow down, Mama. Two cards are enough for now. You don’t want to get TOO carried away when you’re just getting back into the creative spirit.” So I put my things aside to go to bed.

I don’t want to count on the girls taking marathon naps EVERY day, but a Mommy can always hope…

No comments: